Spring is finally here, along with it’s lovely friend pollen. This also means that Mother’s Day is fast approaching! We all scramble to try and find the best gift ideas. Scrolling through Pinterest, you’ll see gift guides everywhere. But, what you don’t see are what moms really want. What mom’s want for Mother’s Day, from real moms. So, I asked moms to give me feedback on what they really want for Mother’s Day. Here, you’ll see their answers. Some may surprise you and others not so much!
Post may contain affiliate links. This means I may receive a small commission if you click a link and purchase an item.
Moms want gifts that are sentimental.
- “A keepsake necklace of my breastfeeding journey.” Mich Merencillo Brazinskas – https://mamabuzzblog.com
- “I would want something that shows sentiment, whether it’s a gift, or an activity. Something that shows me that my husband remembers a special moment we had, or something that just shows how well he knows me.” – McKayla Butcher – www.motivationformom.com
- “Since Mothers Day is in the Spring, I’d love a favorite perennial plant (for me, a hydrangea or lilac bush) planted by my partner and kids so that I could enjoy it blooming year after year, just like their love!” Belle – www.librarylovingmommy.com
- “My mind is swimming with possibilities! Sleeping in, getting a big home project done, a family photo session or photo gift, to be treated to a nice dinner, something homemade from my kids. I received a beautiful necklace that incorporate my kids’ birthstones for Christmas, and I think that would make a lovely Mother’s Day gift!” Jennie Williams –https://www.fourtolove.com
- “Mom of 3 under 6, and my favorite gift from my husband for Mother’s Day is him watching the kids while I go for a few hours to do whatever I want. My favorite gift from my kids is a list of answers my kids say about mom, like “favorite thing to play with mom, favorite food mom lets me eat”, and others. They often write the kids answers to this at church to give to the moms and I file it away because it’s so precious!” – Liz Boothman – https://blueandhazel.com
For moms who love the outdoors and experiences.
- “I would like a new bicycle so I can go biking with my family. I would also like a spa day so I can spend time WITHOUT my family. Actually, my past perfect Mother’s Days usually incorporate both – some time for me and some time with my kids. Because let’s admit it, without our kids we wouldn’t be moms!” – Betsy Delaney Jewell – www.betsymeansbusiness.com
- “We are all about experiences vs. gifts. I’d love to go for a walk in the park and picnic lunch followed by getting ice cream on the way home and ending with a bbq steak Sunday dinner.” –Ann-Marie Tamrowski – www.alifeinthebuff.com
- “Mothers Day gifts for the outdoorsy mom.” Delia Barnes – www.kidschaosconfusion.com/best-mothers-day-gifts-for-the-outdoors-mom
- “I would like a day outside at the beach and some spa time! Someone to come clean all of my windows inside and out!”
Jennifer Purcell – www.teachworkoutlove.com
- ” I usually get LEGO, which I LOVE. I’d love tickets to something awesome, though – musicals are my fave.” –Rebecca King – www.instagram.com/gritgetsgoals
- “I’m an outdoor adventurer lovin’ mama – I got a kayak last year! I would love new camping or hiking gear or a trip to one of the national parks on my bucket list.” – Andrea Gentry –www.embracingthewind.com
- “I would like experiences, so tickets to a concert or trip to the zoo. A mother’s necklace or a subscription box is a great idea! Any of those would make my day.” – Amy Blair – www.northfourthst.com
Moms want alone time…and no, this does not mean we are selfish.
- “I would love a 2 hour massage! I occasionally get regular hour-long massages and they’re wonderful. A 2 hour massage just sounds extra great and decadent.” – Suchot Sunday – https://thecuriousfrugal.com
- “I would love about 6 hours to myself and a gift card to get my hair and nails done! As a SAHM I don’t get to pamper myself often but it’s amazing how those simple things can make you feel SO much better!” Beth Higgs – https://alittleknickalittleknack.com
- “Mom of 6 here…I would love a mani/pedi (by myself) and wouldn’t mind some new kitchen gear (I love pioneer woman items).” Jacqueline Chinappi – www.kitchenpsychology.com
- “I would want breakfast in bed, a full day by myself to do a yoga training with some good vegan food for lunch. A day to recenter again!” – Natacha Parm – www.easybusyveganmom.com
- “Breakfast in bed made by my hubby and kiddos. Followed up by a spa day with a yummy lunch! I can spend time relaxing all day with a massage and mani/pedi! Then once I’m all relaxed some family time together out for dinner! A day of no cooking is always a plus!” – Debbie Scaringe Royse – www.instagram.com/debbieroyse
Mani/Pedi’s For The Win!
- “I would love time to go on a mani and pedi day fun with my girlfriends! A day at a spa would also be amazing.” – Divine – www.culturewedding.ca.
- “A massage! Or someone to do all the have-to’s (clean, organize, errands) so I can do whatever I want! (which I offer locally to the Central Valley/Fresno, CA!).” – Christy Betts –www.workhomelifeassistant.com
- “I would love a massage, gift card to Lush, and Birdies (slip on shoes).” Veniece Lee – www.Innatemotherhood.com
- “An entire day just for myself without having to do any house and baby work.” – Shamanth Shivanna – www.mrslilmum.wordpress.com
- “I want more doTERRA essential oils and time to myself. No cooking, no cleaning, no arguing kids. Oh, and Hallmark movies.” – Allison Shorter – www.healthylivingincolorado.com/the-ultimate-guide-to-doterra-essential-oils/
- “I want my blog to work and I want time alone to figure out what’s wrong. My husband could take the kids on a hike or something. Also, I want the magic wand that cleans the house. I don’t know where to find one but I know they exist somewhere.” – Missy Parlane – www.inourpond.com
- “I would love to have one whole day just sitting in a coffee shop, working away at my book. Or, to have someone else help my baby fall asleep so I can just go and have dinner with a friend. Scrap dinner: hot chocolate and cake!” – Audrey Schlegel – www.rosesandrompers.com
- “A handwritten note followed by a day of silence where I can watch Real Housewives uninterrupted. Also, if you don’t have a Roomba, I highly recommend that!” – Kristen Gardiner – www.drivingmomcrazy.com
We want someone else to clean our house + dirty diapers.
- “A deep clean maid service to come do all the things I hate doing. Someone to come update my flower beds, a surprise weekend getaway to the beach with all the details (child care, pet cafe, house sitting) taken care of and for the kids to have a fun day at the zoo or something while I’m at the spa.” – Rita Theriot Ester – www.RitaEster.com
- “I want a day where I don’t have to deal with anyone else’s poop. No diaper changes, no worrying about potty training toddlers, no checking if where we are going has adequate bathrooms. Heck, no changing litter boxes. No poop.” – Kimberly Cartwright – TeamCartwright.com
- “My significant other to get the remodeling of the house we are moving into done 😉 That’s a big request. On a smaller note, a mani/pedi and a massage. A deep cleaning service for the bathroom and to clean carpets. A wine subscription would be awesome and even just a few hours of alone time. Of course not all of these, but they are just options!” – Michaela Petersen –http://southerndakotamama.com/
- “I really want a sparkly clean house. I don’t care whether the kids and hubby do it or it’s hired out, just want it done.” –Sarah Bowers Scott –
Moms want subscription boxes and Netflix.
- “A Fabfitfun box, a necklace with a tiny G (my kids initial), a massage or spa day, a housekeeper, yoga gift cards with the promise of dad being able to stay with the baby during good class times, a shopping day by myself.” – Amanda Goodwin –HappilyNourished.net
- “I have a 1 year old and a 5 year old and I would love Daddy to play Mommy for the day. Maybe a nice breakfast all together, and then Daddy takes the kids out and away until bedtime (and I get to do whatever I want all day!). Then order dinner in and a Netflix movie and I’m a happy mama.” – Rigel Celeste – https://www.holesinyoursocks.com
- “A free day to do whatever I want. No chores, no laundry, no dishes, no poop diapers. Just me, some wine, and some Netflix!” – Mallory Herrera – www.mamaonparade.com
- “Subscription boxes!! The gift that keeps giving, theboxymommaco.com is a Momma Box just for moms but there are many others out there!” – Sarah S. Cunningham – theboxymommaco.com
- “I’d want a day in my house by myself. All the Netflix and ice cream welcome!” – Brenda Burrows – www.instagram.com/theburrowsway
Yes, we want family time.
- “A hike at the park with my kids, husband and dogs. Followed by ice cream at comfy cow!” – Amber Osmer – www.amberosmer.com
- “My birthday is the same week as Mothers Day, so my husband always asks for a few ideas. I want to plant my garden with my boys (they pick out some flowers and veggies) and a pair of allbirds.com slip on’s!” – Melissa Vieira – www.lifebalancingwork.com
So, as a fellow mom myself, I too would love a mani/pedi or a simple spa day at home. I also love my family time, so a nice lunch with family and some outside time would be lovely.
If you loved this article, don’t forget to pin! A special thank you to all the moms that shared their feedback for this article, what moms want for Mother’s Day – from real moms!
Now, head over to read my article self-care tips for busy moms!